We have an exciting opportunity for 2 youth workers to join our STEPS team.
This newly designed programme will be an alternative provision; adopting a formal and non-formal approach for 16-18 year olds where attitudes, behaviours, circumstances or prior achievements have prevented them from accessing a vocational college course.
The youth worker will:
- Plan and deliver the non-formal element of the study programme; promoting the personal, creative and social developments of the students.
- Provide a safe environment for students to explore and overcome the underlying cause of challenging behaviour and combat disaffection.
- Run summer programmes for prospective students to aid the transition from school to college.
The successful candidates must:
- Hold a BA honours degree validated by the NYA.
- Be reliable, responsible and resilient.
- Be open to experimenting, to new ideas and to reflective practice.
- Positive about embracing challenge and change.
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly establish positive relationships with young people and motivate them to participate in activities and events.
Interviews scheduled for Tuesday 18th June 2019
Derby College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.