The Leicester Primary Partnership (LPP) is a not-for-profit limited company.
All state-funded Leicester primary schools can become members of the Partnership and all currently choose to do so. Our overarching aim is to build effective collaboration between Primary schools to support a collective drive for all the outcomes of primary children of Leicester City. The partnership takes a lead on Primary School Improvement projects at City and Development Group (Cluster) level. We work closely with other partners to promote effective provision and transition across the city and different phases of education.
This post will both consolidate on the previous work of Strategic Lead within the partnership but also play an important role in a CEO capacity in the company’s development as the profile of our membership changes.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Primary Headship experience to bring credibility in supporting schools from this viewpoint
- Experience of effective partnership working between organisations
- Experience of building and leading collaborative partnerships
- Made significant strategic contribution to the work of a group of schools and knows how to bring about change at both strategic and operational levels
- Secure experience of evidence-based strategic policy development
- Worked with strategic and project-based financial management
- Represented a group or organisation beyond their own school publicly.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a thriving learning partnership in a unique and friendly City
- Supportive colleagues who work collaboratively to make a difference
- Access to Teachers or Local Government Pension Scheme, or your own arrangements
- Flexible contractual and working arrangements of 0.6 FTE
- Terms equivalent to Headship salary of a medium-sized Primary School, or day rate of a system leader.
Closing date: 12pm (lunchtime) on Thursday 28th November
Interview: Interviews will take place on 3rd, 4th or 5th December 2019.
The Selection Panel will assess applications against the criteria in the Job Description and Person Specification. Short-listed candidates will be further assessed by the Selection Panel through a combination of interview, presentation and leadership exercises.
To apply, please submit:
- A comprehensive CV that addresses the key selection criteria outlined in the Job Description.
- A one page covering letter setting out your reasons for applying, what you will bring to the role, notice period and the details of two referees.
- A supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4 which addresses the criteria in the Job description, including the Person Specification. (Please add the supporting statement below your covering letter and attach as one document)
Leicester Primary Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.