A unique opportunity has arisen to join the Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust as a Strategic Special Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDco).
We are currently looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic individual to work under the direction of the Trust Director of SEND to help to shape our SEND provision in our Wiltshire schools. We are seeking someone who will be able to use their strong track record of successful primary teaching to work collaboratively to determine the strategic development of the SEND policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils, provide professional guidance to colleagues and line manage operational SEND Leaders and teams enabling them to nurture our children so that they can achieve their very best.
This is a permanent position at 0.6 FTE, and flexibility will be required as to how this time is structured in order to best meet the needs of the schools.
The role requires an individual who is:
- an exemplary practitioner with a proven record of expertise in special educational needs
- has excellent interpersonal skills and experience in working collaboratively with families, colleagues, governors and outside agencies
- is committed to raising standards of achievement for all pupils
- is confident, positive, adaptable and ambitious
- is flexible and able to adjust plans at the last moment
- is innovative, creative and open
- is resilient, consistent and empathetic
The Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust is able to offer:
- A warm and welcoming family of staff;
- A warm and welcoming family of staff and children with a passion and enthusiasm for learning;
- A caring, committed and hard-working team;
- Academy Council members and Principals who are committed to building an innovative, effective learning environment firmly based on Christian values;
- Fantastic CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme;
- Opportunities to use your ideas and talents to have a positive impact, not only on each and every child and family, but also on the wider life of the schools, the growing partnership and the Trust.
Visits to schools can be arranged upon request and are strongly encouraged
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 30th September 2021
Interview dates to be confirmed to shortlisted candidates as soon thereafter as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This appointment will be subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure; proof of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory references. Please note the proof of the right to work in the UK will be required at interview. We are an equal opportunities employer.