St Michael's School are looking for a 'String Teacher' to provide one to one tuition to pupils from Prep-Senior School/Sixth Form. Pupils in the school are keen to learn and have the enthusiasm and motivation to develop as both a solo and ensemble musician. Pupils are encouraged to work towards and sit graded examinations and attend the extra-curricular ensembles at the school.
• Be an inspirational and dedicated String teacher for children aged between 8-18
• Be creative and forward thinking in their teaching style.
• Be able to commit to a regular teaching day.
• Be prepared to lead a string ensemble/assist with Orchestral rehearsals (when they resume - Covid 19)
• Help prepare pupils for graded and GCSE performance examinations.
• Be highly organised.
• Be keen to get involved in the happy a musical life of the school.
• Have a good sense of humour and be a team player.
Pay - £15 per half an hour lesson.
Pupils normally pay for a 10 lesson block at £150, each term.
Please apply if you are interested, there is no official closing date so we recommend getting in touch as soon as possible. We reserve the right to appoint at any stage during the advertisement process.
St. Michael’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be required to undergo Safer Recruitment procedures & screening as detailed in our policy, which includes an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.