£19,217 - £21,007 (dependent on skills, qualifications and experience)
We are seeking to appoint a Student Events Co-ordinator to join our Student Experience team. Reporting to the Assistant Principal – Student Experience, this is an exciting opportunity for a creative and vibrant individual to lead the College’s enrichment offer for students across both campuses to support wellbeing, enhance the student experience and enable students to achieve success.
The post holder will work with students and staff to promote and implement Student Council and Association mechanisms and actions, to enable the opinions and views of learners to be represented across all levels of the College. The successful applicant will be directly responsible for the College’s enrichment offer for both FE and residential learners at Sparsholt College and Andover College campuses, working with staff teams across the College community. The College’s enrichment offer (Study+) comprises student-focused clubs, societies and organisations, and the post holder will play a key role in the identification and running of these events. They will also organise external enrichment activities and one-off charity events across the academic year, ensuring appropriate links are made to the College’s Tutorial Programme.
The successful applicant will need:
• Excellent communication skills
• A vibrant personality in order to enthuse and motivate learners
• The flexibility to adapt their working pattern as required as some events may be at weekends/early evening
The post holder will work 3 days per week at the Sparsholt campus, and 2 days per week at the Andover campus. This would be flexible depending on events occurring at either campus.
Closing Date: 17 May 2021
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined contribution pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.