Working as part of the Student Support Services team at either the College's Cambridge Campus or Huntingdon Campus, you will be responsible for supporting students to behave as responsible and respectful members of the college community.
It is essential that the successful candidate has previous experience of working or volunteering with young people in either an education, social care or youth work background, as well as GCSE Maths and English grade A-C.
We are seeking an inspirational individual who is able to communicate effectively and appropriately with young people; establishing a rapport with the students to enable them to achieve and make positive change.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of young peoples’ aspirations and challenges and the ability to deal with problems and incidents calmly and constructively.
This is a rewarding role in which the individual will contribute to the college’s enrichment strategy, supporting student’s personal development, behavior and attitudes. In return you will be rewarded with great benefits including:
• Competitive salary
• Generous annual leave entitlement (increasing with length of service)
• Free use of on-site gym
• Free on-site car parking
• Discounted beauty/spa treatments in on-site salon
• Childcare vouchers (tax free benefit)
• Health Care - access to Occupational Health and free flu vaccinations
• On site canteen, restaurant and Costa Coffee outlet
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Free independent telephone counselling service
• Discounted courses for you, your partner and your children
• Staff Development opportunities
• Staff Purchase scheme
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all staff to share this commitment.
Please note that the College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).