Post: Student Progress Manager (Exams Officer)
Grade F: £32,429 - £36,499 FTE
37 hours per week – Term time plus two weeks
Start date: 16 November 2020
Closing Date: 05 October 2020
Interviews: w/b 12 October 2020
An opportunity has arisen for a Student Progress Manager to join The Portsmouth Academy; one of the most improved schools in the country.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities and our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
Key responsibilities of this role:
• Manage the Academy's data management systems and to oversee the preparation of
• Be responsible for the administration and organisation of all aspects of external and internal examinations.
• Oversee day to day timetable changes (scheduling and rooming)
• Ensure the school meets the statutory requirements as an examinations centre and be the designated Examinations Officer.
• Line management of Data Officer and Exam Invigilators.
What you will need to succeed:
• Working knowledge and experience of data management and production of reports from stored data
• A working knowledge of the SIMS system
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines in a busy school environment whilst maintaining a good sense of humour.
• Ability to work as both part of a team and independently.
What we can offer you:
• An excellent environment for learning and teaching. The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and major building and refurbishment work is now complete, including a state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house art music, drama and humanities.
• We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy. We were proud to receive the Wellbeing award at the recent Teach Portsmouth Awards.
• Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
• With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
• The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• We work closely with Teach Portsmouth, The Portsmouth Education Partnership and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance.
• The Trust holds regular CPD events
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
• Onsite parking free of charge.
We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT) which is made up of a family of schools working together to improve the life chances of young people.
It is our mission to nurture every child to both ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.