Newbury College is looking a Student Progression and Academic Support Coach to join our small and friendly curriculum support team.
You will be responsible for organising, delivering and reporting on a case load of students’ progression and academic support; this will involve supporting the organising, and delivering of the relevant and appropriate academic support throughout the duration of the students’ programme, along with evaluating the impact of the support on the students’ progression.
This is a full time, term-time only role and requires you to work 37 hours per week over 38 working weeks per year. Please see the attached job description for details of the daily duties associated with this job role.
You must have:
• Educated to a minimum of a level 2 in English and Maths
• Experience of working with young people or adults with moderate and severe learning difficulties and/or disabilities
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to relate to a range of individuals
It would be beneficial if you also have:
• Manual Handling training
• A qualification in care or learning support.
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please contact us to take a look at the full Job Description for further details of the day to day duties.
* Free on site parking
* 40 days holiday (pro rata)
* Teachers Pension Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.