Hours: 35 per week (08:15 to 15:45, to include a 30 min. unpaid break), term time only (to incl. INSET days)
Salary: Grade 9, £21,589 - £24,799 FTE (Actual Salary: £17,467.78 per annum, rising to £20,065.01 per annum through annual increments)
Are you someone with a passion to see young people succeed and improve their life chances?
Winterbourne Academy are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic non teacher to work within a Year group (between Years 7 - 11) as a Student Support Assistant/Assistant Head of Year.
The post-holder will assist the Progress Leads/Heads of Year in creating a positive year group identity and establish high standards of achievement and attendance whilst providing pastoral support to students. They will also work closely with the Progress Leads/Heads of Year to manage and improve student behaviour through the consistent and fair implementation of academy rules and expectations, in order to improve learning.
This is a fixed term post until August 2020 subject to budget review. A permanent opportunity may be available for the right candidate at the end of the fixed term period.
The successful candidate will:
• provide a strong and positive role model for students
• Be able to address the needs of our students and help them overcome barriers to learning
• have excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
• Be outstanding, innovative, collaborative and have a passion for working with children and
• Be able to demonstrate an awareness of emotional well-being and empathy for children and
• Be looking to make a valuable contribution to the Academy’s successful development
• Have relevant experience in a similar role with a proven track record of delivering successful
outcomes for young people
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before submitting an application.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- Collaborative working within our shared family of academies to support our endeavours to work smarter
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Onsite parking
- Onsite canteen
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
- Fantastic facilities
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Interested parties should submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role.
More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website.
Closing Date: Sunday, 17th November 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Academy are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children and young people and expect all staff and
volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.