Student Support Coordinator/Parent Family Support Advisor (PFSA)
37 hours per week, term time plus 1 week in the school holidays – permanent contract
Monday – Friday - 8.15 am – 4.15 pm
With a half hour unpaid lunchbreak each day
Scale 12 £22183 - £25481 per annum pro rata
Starting Salary £19164
Required as soon as possible
Do you want to make a difference to young people and their families? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a
Student Support Coordinator/PFSA at The Kings of Wessex Academy to provide advice and guidance to families, parents and students to encourage student involvement, attendance and participation in the school environment, enabling overall improvement in learning opportunities, behaviour, aspirations and achievements for those students. You will work with some of our most vulnerable students to support positive behaviour around the school.
You will have excellent administration skills and input information, generate and analyse reports relating to
behaviour using the school data systems.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
• experience of working with, or relating to, young people and having a commitment to their education,
development, welfare and aspirations is highly desirable but transferrable skills and professions will also be considered
• experience of working with pupils with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties and the resultant
• ability to maintain a calm and constructive approach when dealing with difficult situations
• ability to respond to changing priorities in a fast-moving environment
• excellent literacy, communication, IT and administration skills
• outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with students, staff, parents, and external
agencies using tact and discretion to ensure a professional response
• ability to work confidentially in a fast-moving environment, often with conflicting priorities
Closing date: Monday 7 December 2020 – 8.00 am
Interview date: Friday 11 December 2020
To apply for this position, please complete a support staff application form, (which is available on our website),
together with a letter of application for the attention of Mr D Wiltshire (Headteacher). Your letter should be no more than two pages of A4, detailing your experience to date and why you are the best candidate for the position.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure
The Kings of Wessex Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.