Hours: 32 hours 30 minutes per week, term time only (exact days and working pattern to be discussed at interview)
Salary: Hay 8 (£19,004 - £20,965 per annum)
We require an enthusiastic and committed student support worker to work across this through age school, pupils aged 7-16 yrs with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH) at New Horizons Learning Centre (NHLC). This post will be based on either the Courtney Road Campus or the Mulberry Drive Campus, depending on need. The post-holder will need to be creative in the way he/she works and able to support pupils who have a range of SEMH, behavioural and other complex needs.
We are looking for someone who:
• Likes children and young people and can form effective relationships with them.
• Has a commitment to developing the potential of pupils of all abilities.
• Has good emotional resilience and can promote this in others.
• Can motivate and inspire pupils to learn.
• Can help pupils to manage and express their emotions appropriately.
• Has excellent communication skills and a willingness to undertake new initiatives.
• Is calm and can maintain a sense of humour under pressure.
• Has an unconditional positive regard for children with SEMH
Ideally this post holder will deliver the SRE / PSHE curriculum to Yrs 9,10 and 11 and experience of delivering curriculum areas across this age range would be an advantage. Please can you highlight in your application any experience you have in this area and that you feel that you will bring to the post to support this.
We can offer you:
• A supportive staff team to work with
• A modern well-resourced environment.
A suitable qualification at NVQ level 3 or equivalent and experience of working with children with special educational needs is a requirement.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ were additional disclosure of information will be required.
Closing date for applications for Wednesday 25th September 2019 at 12pm.
Interviews to be held on Friday 4th October, 2019.
New Horizons Learning Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.