Hours: 32 Hours 30 Minutes per week, term time only (Monday to Friday)
Salary: Hay 8 (£19,549 – £21,566 per annum)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2021 subject to staffing review.
Required an enthusiastic and committed student support worker to work across this through age school, pupils aged 7-16 yrs with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH) at New Horizons Learning Centre (NHLC). This post will be based on either the Courtney Road Campus or the Mulberry Drive Campus, depending on need. The post-holder will need to be creative in the way he/she works and able to support pupils who have a range of SEMH, behavioural and other complex needs.
We are looking for someone who:
• Likes children and young people and can form effective relationships with them.
• Has a commitment to developing the potential of pupils of all abilities.
• Has good emotional resilience and can promote this in others.
• Can motivate and inspire pupils to learn.
• Can help pupils to manage and express their emotions appropriately.
• Has excellent communication skills and a willingness to undertake new initiatives.
• Is calm and can maintain a sense of humour under pressure.
• Has an unconditional positive regard for children with SEMH
We can offer you:
• A supportive staff team to work with
• A modern well-resourced environment.
A suitable qualification at NVQ level 3 or equivalent and experience of working with children with special educational needs is a requirement.
Interviews to be held week commencing
7th December 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date for applications is Friday 4th December at 12pm.
New Horizons Learning Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.