Student Welfare Assistant
To Commence: As soon as possible
Salary: £19,453 pro-rated Term Time only
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday - 8am to 4pm or 8.30am to 4.30pm
Closing Date: 13th October 2020
We are seeking to recruit a highly competent, efficient and organised Student Welfare Assistant to manage the student medical room, provide first aid assistance when required, as well as carry out associated pastoral administrative tasks.
This is a key role central to the school and requires a confident and approachable post holder who has the ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines.
Applicants should be educated to GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English and must have:
- First Aid Qualifications or health care experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- An understanding of the needs for discretion and confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- A good understanding of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Child Protection
- A commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion
This role would ideally suit a qualified nurse (or former nurse) seeking an alternative job role which will fully utilise their skills, experience and qualifications in the medical field.
Salesian School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.