Do you have a nursing/first aid background, passionate about student welfare and have experience interacting with students?
We are looking to appoint a Student Welfare Receptionist/Administrative Assistant who will ensure that students who are seeking help for a variety of short and longer term reasons receive positive, timely and appropriate support.
This is a varied role which would suit an experienced school nurse or someone who has experience of delivering first aid care and/or providing medical support to young people. There will also be some administrative responsibilities to undertake so good organisational skills are key. The role is central to our school community and will involve interaction with students, staff, parents and carers so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
You will be joining an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school, working alongside a highly dedicated pastoral team, in a supportive and friendly working environment.
About Rosebery School
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
We hope that you will want to come and join our unique school community.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will
• Manage the Student Welfare Reception ensuring it is a welcoming and positive environment to which students actively come to seek support when they need it
• Triage students who arrive feeling unwell or emotionally unable to continue with their lessons and determine the best course of action
• Act as primary first aider and the main point of contact to administer First Aid in school during school hours, assessing seriousness of each incident and treating as appropriate.
• Administer and record medication brought in from home
• Maintain first aid equipment and emergency medication boxes (auto-injectors and inhalers) throughout the school sites. Order medical supplies as necessary
• Communicate urgent and relevant information about students with members of the Leadership and Head of Year teams
• Contact parents as appropriate to inform them of accidents, illness and determine next steps in relation to collection from school if required
• Communicate appointments for students with counsellors or external agencies and ensure that they are collected if they fail to attend punctually
• Support the completion of administration and record keeping for the Student Wellbeing Hub
• Support the general administrative need of the school as required
Why work at Rosebery
• An exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
• Extensive use of Google Drive to facilitate a sharing of resources.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work efficiently and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service.
• Onsite parking, canteen and coffee bar.
Salary: GLF Associate 2 Point 4 £18,442 FTE. Actual Salary: £15,425
Hours: 35 hours per week, 39 weeks (term time only). Daily Working pattern is 7.45am to 3.15pm (includes unpaid break)
To Start: 1 September 2021
Closing Date: 21 June 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.