Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your career, deepen your experience and take on a trust wide role working across a number of our primary schools? GLF Schools is looking for dynamic and inspirational Trust-wide Subject Improvement Leads in both Mathematics and English.
We are looking for individuals with an enthusiasm for leading outstanding teaching and learning of Mathematics or English. This is an exciting opportunity for outstanding professionals with a passion for their subject to drive further improvement across our 34 primary schools.
With either Mathematics or English as your focus, and a good working knowledge of the primary curriculum, as well as high quality teaching, learning and assessment, you will provide effective leadership of your subject across the schools and contribute towards The Trust’s strategy for school improvement. This role will enhance your own professional development and work towards a broader career pathway. You will work in collaboration with the Director of Curriculum, Teaching, Learning and Assessment (Primary) and the Strategic Leads in Mathematics and English.
These 3 roles will support the implementation of the strategic vision for Maths or English and you will support and improve the delivery of your subject across our Trust within the Primary schools.
This role will be for 1 day a week, on a fixed term contract until August 2022.
We are looking for candidates located in any of our 3 regions, listed below:
West and Oxfordshire - Camberley, Sunbury, Wokingham, Lightwater, Banbury, Didcot
Central - West Ewell, Cheam, Banstead, Epsom
South East - Wandsworth, Croydon, Caterham, Merstham, Redhill, Crawley, Horsham
What we are looking for
Someone who has;
● A passion for teaching Mathematics or English
● Excellent leadership and communication skills.
● Outstanding classroom practice and an inspirational leader.
● A proven track record in achieving excellent outcomes for children from their starting points.
● Enthusiasm and commitment to working as part of a team.
● A passion for children's learning, welfare and achievements.
We comprise 34 schools in the primary sector and 7 secondary schools in various regions across the South East and South London. The opportunities within our trust are immense in terms of professional and support for your career aspirations.
● We have 12 brand new schools, which have opened since 2013. All seven of our sponsored primary schools have undergone their first inspections as academies with us removing their previous inspection ratings.
● 23 of our 40 schools have chosen to join GLF, a testament to the collaborative approach between our schools, which benefits all children and staff, and the wider communities, which we serve to the best of our ability.
● We have Teaching School status
● We operate our GLF SCITT, which provides teacher training opportunities in the early years, primary and secondary sectors. There will naturally be opportunities to contribute to this important area of our work.
Each school, whatever its headlines, has room for improvement and we hope that you will be able to work with us to realise our ambitions.
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
● Continuous Professional Development
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Flexible Working
● Staff Wellbeing
● Career Pathways and Talent Management
● Staff Benefits
● Community and Collaboration
● Valued worker scheme
Hours - 1 day per week
Salary - Competitive dependent on experience
Start Date - Easter 2021
End date of contract - August 2022
Closing date - 29th January 2021
Interview dates - For Maths role: 11th February 2021; For English role: 8th February 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.