Subject Leader of Art
Location: Leicester, city centre.
Opportunity for exceptional teachers to be a founding subject leader, shaping a brand new school, as part of The Mead Educational Trust.
Next September, Castle Mead Academy, a non-selective secondary school, will open its doors and welcome our first year 7 cohort. By 2024, the eight form entry school will be at capacity with a cohort of 1200 pupils. Building on the success of Rushey Mead Academy, Castle Mead will make available in the heart of Leicester a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country so that every pupil leaves with high value academic qualifications and wider positive dispositions to enable them to seize opportunities post-16 and lead fulfilling lives.
We are recruiting a founding team of subject leaders to help realise our vision and “Grow a Community of Excellence.”
This is a unique opportunity to lead in a school where:
• there will be a premium on subject expertise;
• a cherishing of each subject discipline with no generic “one size fits all” approach;
• a knowledge rich curriculum in each subject which will give pupils access to the best which has been thought and said in every field of human endeavour!
• the focus will be on feedback rather than marking;
• there will be a calm orderly environment where teachers can teach without interruption;
• you will be able to draw upon the strength and expertise of colleagues at Rushey Mead Academy, outstanding since 2007 and in the top 5% of schools nationally for Progress 8 in 2017.
This is an opportunity for teachers who:
• are subject enthusiasts;
• are seeking to lead on developing and implementing a knowledge rich curriculum in their subject and implementing it one year group at a time in a well-planned and coherent way;
• want to grow as a leader in a growing school;
The successful candidates will grow together as a founding team and have the opportunity to develop curriculum and practice together year by year. The new Principal, the Executive Principal, the partnership with Rushey Mead Academy and the wider TMET family of schools will support the team to develop, providing coaching and access to training through our Teaching School.
• To apply, please submit your application by Friday 3rd May. For further information, a confidential discussion or any technical queries please contact Castle Mead Academy at The Mead Educational Trust.
Closing Date: 3rd May 2019, 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 6th May 2019
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR 2b (£4,531)
Application Pack, Subject Leader of Art, Castle Mead Academy
Job Description and Person Specification, Subject Leader of Art, Castle Mead Academy
Teaching and Learning Policy 2019, Castle Mead Academy
Castle Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.