SUBJECT LEADER OF ART
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS + TLR 2b (for SL role)
Salary Band: £24,372 - £40,490 (TLR £4,787) per annum
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 30th April 2020
Interview Date: May 2020
Hours: Full Time
Start: 1 September 2020
About the opportunity:
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College are seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner to join us as Subject Leader of Art & Design, a curriculum area where students make exceptional progress at all levels.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional to join a team of creative and committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what students can achieve. Art is an extremely popular choice for students within the school and the successful candidate will teach Art & Design across the age and ability range up to and including A Level.
The Art and Design department is housed in three purpose built rooms that are equipped for Key Stage 3, 4 and Sixth Form teaching. In addition the central room is equipped for ceramics. There is a separate independent study room for Sixth Form use within the department and students have access to computers across all art rooms. This really is a superb opportunity for someone with creativity, enthusiasm and commitment to be an instrumental part of our dynamic and forward-thinking Creative and Performing Arts Department which includes D&T. It is expected that the appointee will continue to develop our extra-curricular and wider faculty activities, thus maximising student achievement and providing exciting opportunities for students across the arts disciplines.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘Inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1590 students, 185 of which are Sixth Form. The school lies just south of the M4 between junctions 15 & 16, and within easy travelling distance of Bath, Bristol and Reading. The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is part of The White Horse Federation Multi-Academy Trust.
The successful candidate will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
We Can Offer You:
- A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
Are you looking to move into the area?
It's an exciting prospect to be moving into Swindon. To help you with your search whether you are looking to buy or rent, Right Move has the latest on properties for you to consider!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.