Subject Leader of Physics
1.0FTE - MPS / UPS with TLR2B
Start Date – September 2020
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Science faculty. We would love to hear from you if you are
a highly motivated and experienced Teacher of Physics or you are already a Subject Leader. As part of the Science Leadership Team, you will support the Head of Faculty in leading the department to become a centre of excellence for Science, providing outstanding teaching and excellent outcomes for all students.
To be considered for the role you will be able to demonstrate that you are:
- Able to provide clear, cohesive leadership and direction in teaching and learning in the subject area and
manage and motivate teaching and support colleagues in developing innovative teaching strategies to enhance the quality of teaching, learning and achievement;
- Able to play a key role in the School’s middle leadership and management structure, assisting the Head of
Faculty in creating a vision, sense of purpose and pride within the Department and its work;
- Are an outstanding and passionate Teacher of Physics;
- Have the belief that every student can be successful;
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic – able to deliver results;
- A teacher who has vision, drive and a determination to succeed in maximising attainment potential
- You will also have a great sense of humour!
Frome College is a successful, vibrant and forward thinking 13-19 Upper School with approximately 1200 students. It
is a fast moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome itself is a thriving market town, with a vibrant artistic community with the renowned Frome Festival, monthly Sunday market and many restaurants and 2 theatres, one of which is on campus.
Benefits of working at Frome College offers the opportunity to be part of a strong community and supportive
workforce. Free parking, onsite catering, nursery and discounted access to leisure centre. Employees also have access to various opportunities as part of My Staff Shop with Somerset County Council including Cycle to Work Scheme.
Frome College are keen to support CPD opportunities and have strong links with other local schools to ensure best
Closing date: Tuesday 26th May (8am)
Interview date: Wednesday 27th May
This post requires an enhanced criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure
Frome Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.