SUBJECT LEADER RESISTANT MATERIALS/ENGINEERING
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS (plus TLR 2b)
Salary Band: £24,372 - £40,490 (plus £4,787 TLR) per annum
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 30th April 2020
Interview Date: May 2020
Hours: Full TIme
Start: 1 September 2020
About the opportunity:
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and forward thinking Subject Leader of Resistant Materials/Engineering to lead our excellent department and become a member of our well established CPA Faculty. The successful candidate will be required to plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons of high quality to Key Stage 3 Technology classes, lead on our popular KS4 Engineering classes and develop the KS5 curriculum offer. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Technology teacher to make a significant contribution to the ongoing development of Resistant Materials/Engineering within the school.
At The Ridgeway School our KS3 Technology students have the opportunity to engage in creative and innovative projects developing their designing and making skills through Food, Product Design and Textiles, following a carousel of 12 week modules. Five subject specialists and two Technicians make up this enthusiastic team and our accommodation consists of two workshops, a textiles room, two food rooms and two computer suites, including a Graphics room and a Photography Studio.
Extracurricular activities, visits and competitions are an important aspect of the Technology curriculum providing opportunities to draw on the local community, industries and the wider world, developing students’ confidence, applying their creative thinking and ability to innovate and It is expected that the successful candidate will contribute to these activities thus maximising student achievement. If you are passionate and highly motivated about seeing all students achieve, and enjoy working in a creative and supportive environment, we encourage you to apply.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘Inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1590 students, 185 of which are Sixth Form. The school lies just south of the M4 between junctions 15 & 16, and within easy travelling distance of Bath, Bristol and Reading. The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is part of The White Horse Federation Multi-Academy Trust.
The successful candidate will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
We Can Offer You:
- A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
Are you looking to move into the area?
It's an exciting prospect to be moving into Swindon. To help you with your search whether you are looking to buy or rent, Right Move has the latest on properties for you to consider!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.