The Market Bosworth School is seeking to appoint up to three members of staff to join our teaching and learning team. The successful candidates will be integral to supporting the learning of students, primarily in either the Maths, English or Science subject areas. Whilst we would expect applicants to have worked with young people in some capacity, specific experience is less important than a dedication to professional development alongside a flexible and committed teamwork approach.
The successful SSTA will work alongside teaching staff, primarily in either Maths, English or Science. Their role is to support the class teacher in maximising teaching and learning of all students, but with a clear focus on those who require additional support.
Working alongside the class teacher, and as directed by the subject Head of Department, SSTAs will support learning in a wide range of ways, including:
One to one support for a named student
- Small group work (2 to 6 students) either within or outside of the classroom
- Assisting the lead member of staff in planning, resourcing or lesson delivery
- Providing additional support to individual students in line with their EHCP (Education, Health and Care Plan)
- Helping ensure students understand tasks given
- Motivating individual students, using praise wherever possible
- Awarding reward stamps using the existing school systems
- Challenging student behaviour where required
- Contacting Parents where required and as directed
- Acting as a Year 11 student mentor
- Assisting the department in setting online learning work
The successful candidates will work within one named department for the majority of their time. We expect this to be within either Maths, English or Science, although we will work with the successful candidate to ensure we capitalise on their skills / subject knowledge wherever possible.
Whilst each SSTA will have a named department, there will be a requirement to remain flexible, with priority given to students with an EHCP in other subjects as necessary.
SSTA will also provide support to wider department activities wherever possible, such as management of resources, trips and activities, displays and administration.
The School SENCDO will provide opportunities for SSTAs to become involved in the evaluation and sharing of good practice alongside other support assistants. This will be via team briefings / meetings and internal / external training opportunities.
The Market Bosworth School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.