Hours of work: 37 hours per week, term time only plus 1 week
This is a permanent contract starting on or before 1st September 2021
Salary: Support Staff Spine Point 26
FTE £23,105, actual salary £20,563
Are you passionate about supporting young people to achieve their potential? Then please read on. This is a non-teaching role, but having teaching experience may be an advantage.
Reporting to one of the Directors of Learning, the college is seeking a suitably experienced staff member to join our Tutor Team, which forms part of our support services for students.
• The college is looking for individuals who are committed to holistic approaches to student support and guidance and are able to offer pastoral support to students.
• The successful candidates will also be responsible for supporting and monitoring attendance and progress of approximately 180-200 students, organised into tutor groups.
• This will include facilitating weekly Tutorial activities with these students.
• They will also have responsibility for providing support to students in need of a range of additional support, including liaison with parents’ and carers
• Candidates will have knowledge of the college’s tutorial systems, Safeguarding and E&D.
All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 7th July 2021
Richard Taunton Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.