RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNCIL
PENYGAWSI PRIMARY SCHOOL
Permanent Contract - 6.25 Hours Per Week – Term Time Only
Salary: Grade 2 – £18,198 X 14.77%
Start Date: ASAP
The Governing Body wish to appoint a Supervisory Assistant to work at Penygawsi Primary School to complement our existing team, working together, INSPIRING AMBITION so that all children can achieve their very best now and in the future. Every child is different, and their individuality is valued, respected and celebrated in our inclusive school community.
As a Supervisory Assistant, you will:
• Ensure pupils are safe during lunchtimes
• Supervise children playing indoors and outdoors
• Supervise pupils whilst eating during lunchtimes
• Support pupils with a range of dietary needs
• Support the school’s restorative approach to developing positive relationships
• Responding appropriately to incidents that may occur during the lunchtime
• Ensure pupils wellbeing is supported
• Work collaboratively with the school team to ensure school policies and procedures are implemented effectively
We are looking for someone who has:
• An ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with children and adults
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• An ability to use basic Welsh language skills
Application forms, and further details, including a job description and person specification for the role may be obtained from the eteach website or via the Schools Recruitment website.
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th October 2021 at 12 Noon
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Penygawsi Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.