LLWYNCRWN PRIMARY SCHOOL
SUPERVISORY ASSISTANT (2 Posts)
6.25 hours a week (1.25 hours a day)
Salary - Grade 2 - £18,516 x 14.77%
Start date - September 2022
The Governing Body wish to appoint 2 Supervisory Assistants to work at Llwyncrwn Primary School to complement our existing team.
Approximately 30% of pupils are entitled to free school meals, which is higher than the Local Authority’s and the all-Wales average of pupils entitled to free meals. Forty have additional learning needs, this includes the pupils from our 3 LRB classes. The home language of nearly all our pupils is English. The school receives pupils from the full range of abilities.
The accommodation consists of: an Infant building (including hall) and a new Junior building that houses Key Stage 2 classrooms (including a hall and staff room).
Llwyncrwn is in many ways an established community, with many parents, grandparents being former pupils of the school.
At Llwyncrwn Primary, the curriculum and ethos, wherever possible, will reflect and celebrate what is distinctive about life in Wales and helps pupils to acquire a sense of belonging.
At Llwyncrwn Primary School we strive to provide an educational experience of the highest standard, while instilling our pupils with the self-belief and self-confidence to achieve their highest potential.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To supervise the children, ensuring their safety and wellbeing and good behaviour during lunchtime breaks.
- To work closely with members of staff
- To follow the school behaviour policy
- To make sure that the children are where they should be, according to the lunchtime arrangements
- To control the dinner queue and the movement of children to and from the dining room · to encourage the children to keep good standards of hygiene e.g. washing of hands after using the toilet before eating
- To be discreet at all times (concerning school matters)
- To deal with minor accidents and injuries that occur on the school premises (disposable gloves to worn), inform the Headteacher of any serious incident and complete relevant paperwork
- To supervise children when they have to stay indoors (e.g. inclement weather)
- To be ready to receive children from their classroom at Lunch Break
- To check that gates in school yard are locked and to prevent children from playing near them
- To undertake other duties requested by the Headteacher commensurate with the grade of post
To work as a Supervisory Assistant, the following skills would be helpful:
enjoyment of working with children and the ability to control and supervise them
- the ability to stay calm
- good communication skills
- the ability to work as part of a team
Application forms, and further details, including a job description and person specification for the role may be obtained via the Schools Recruitment website. Please note to apply for this position you are required to complete the online application form on the RCT Council Website. If you do not complete the online application you will not be considered as having applied for the post.
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th July at 12.00 noon.
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
The Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently, if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
Llwyncrwn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.