Required for January 2020
Salary: £21591 FTE paid pro rata 30 hours per week (39 weeks)
SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School is a vibrant and aspirational establishment with a positive approach to learning and behaviour. The school works in partnership with the Merton Deanery Catholic schools and also with the Mitcham Town Community Trust. We are a partnership school with MathsNoProblem and offer school to school support with regard to CPA mathematical approaches. We enjoy good transport links to Wimbledon, Sutton, Croydon, Tooting, London Bridge and London Victoria.
We are seeking to appoint an energetic and talented individual, committed to enabling all of the children whom we serve to achieve their very best both spiritually, socially and, of course, academically. The role involves working with both individual children to support their special needs, other groups of children of varying abilities and general classroom support under the guidance of the class teacher.
We require you to:
- be knowledgeable of the learning needs of young children
- be committed to supporting our school’s Catholic ethos and community;
- care about children’s learning, behaviour, emotional well being and development;
- have excellent personal skills;
- adopt high standards and a positive outlook for children and yourself.
We can offer you the following:
- a friendly and supportive staff team
- a positive and co-operative school environment
- opportunities for continual learning and development.
If you are interested in joining our school and possess any of the qualities listed above, we would very much like to hear from you.
Visits to the school are warmly welcome – please contact Mrs F Quinn, School Business Manager to arrange a visit or for an application pack.
Closing Date: Noon, Friday 6th December 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 10th December 2019
All Merton schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.