”Come and join Oldham College in its ambition to become “Outstanding” and the “Best Place to Learn and Work” and be part of our exciting Faculty of Additional Learning Support.”
We are looking for:
• Support Officers (Term time)
Salary: £15,271 - £16,193 (£17,189 - £18,227 FTE)
We are a local college with a reputation for dynamism, success and providing a high level of technical and vocational education and training.
We embrace and encourage all those who are driven to better themselves, achieve their goals and reach new heights. Excellent resources combined with exceptional tutors and student support means that whatever your ambition, we can help you to achieve it.
The college is regarded as a “Good” across every area: “Our quality of teaching, learning and assessment are good”, “overall achievement has improved” and “we continue to nurture the culture of inclusion across the college. Staff, learners and apprentices embrace and promote equality of opportunity and celebrate diversity” as stated in a recent OFSTED inspection.
Each year approximately 500 young people choose to continue their studies with us either as a full-time student or apprentice, a further 200 choose to undertake a university-level qualification with us as well as around 100 adult students. Overall, we have around 5,500 full-time students in the College and 700 in our University Campus.
JOINING OUR JOURNEY
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities: •
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Occupational Health Service
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
• Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
• Free confidential counselling service
• Staff recognition awards
• On-site Day Nursery
• On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
• Golden Hello scheme for hard to fill roles, (dependent on experience)
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Support Officer you will provide the full range of support for students with complex support needs, enabling them to access the College provision; this includes providing support on work placements, enrichment activities and external visits and personal care needs:
• You will be part of the Additional Learning Support team (ALS) who are dedicated to providing the support necessary to enable our students to realise their learning ambitions.
• You will provide appropriate learning support for groups and /or individuals with identified Learning difficulties and / or Disabilities. Including in and out of class support, unstructured times, residential activities, educational visits or work experience.
• You must have a recognised Level 2/3 qualification in Learning Support or equivalent.
• You will need to have GCSE English and Mathematics (grade C or above), or equivalent in Literacy and Numeracy.
• Experience of work in the FE sector is desirable.
• You will have knowledge of SEND and EHCPs and the care planning process.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.