St Stephen's is a one form entry Primary School that is part of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education Multi Academy Trust. Our school is set in beautiful surroundings and we have fantastic facilities including adventure trails, Forest School, vast playing fields and an indoor heated swimming pool. We are passionate about staff development and offer a variety of opportunities to promote and support continuing professional development.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and qualified Swimming Instructor with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to join our friendly and hardworking School.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• To teach children a range of recognised strokes and personal survival skills as set out in the National Curriculum programme of study for swimming.
• To ensure that pupils understand and follow standard safety practice in the pool.
• To rescue personally any pupil who gets into serious difficulty in the water.
• To supervise pupils’ use of changing rooms and shower areas and their movement between changing rooms and the pool throughout the period of each lesson.
• Encourage each pupil to meet their full potential.
• To give comfort and support to individual pupils who are distressed or may be lacking in self confidence in the face of an unfamiliar situation.
Our ideal applicant will:
• Have a current, nationally recognised teaching swimming qualification
• Have a current, nationally recognised pool lifeguard qualification.
• Have an ability to be open with children and have sympathy for what concerns them.
• Have an ability to relate in a friendly but firm way with a wide range of personalities.
• Enjoy working as part of a team.
• Be supportive of colleagues.
• Have patience.
• Have good stamina.
11 hrs per week (Mon, Weds, Fri 13:00-15:15 & Thurs 13:00-17:15)
Salary Grade 7 - £30,015 pro rata
Maternity Cover – Approximately 12mths starting 29th March 2021
Term Time Only
INTERVIEWS - 19TH MARCH 2021
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.