The Hampshire School Chelsea is a co-educational, inter-denominational, day school for boys and girls between the ages of 2 and 13 years. Please visit the school website for information in relation to the school’s ethos and educational provision.
The school is looking for a qualified swimming teacher with a current Life Saving Certificate to coach pupils from Nursery to Year Six. We want children to enjoy swimming and develop ability and techniques to a high level.
As a self-employed individual, you will be paid by the hour (according to qualifications and experience) and required to work at The Latchmere Swimming pool during the following times:
Monday from 10.30 - 13.00pm
Tuesday from 11.00am - 13.00pm
Role and Responsibilities
• To teach children to be water safe and teach them the basic stroke skills of front crawl, breaststroke, butterfly and back stroke.
• To immediately report any safeguarding concerns to the school’s DSL.
• To ensure all children developing skills are recognised with the relevant grades and qualifications.
• To know and understand the attainment targets for children of varying ages for swimming and ensure that the pupils are meeting and often exceeding expectations.
• To annually report on children’s progress and achievements to parents.
• To keep and maintain records of progress for each child.
• To be vigilant in reporting all matters relating to health and safety and to take responsibility for your own personal health and safety.
The Hampshire School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant pre-employment checks, including checks with past employers