Level 2 SEN Teaching Assistant
With Intimate Care Provision Required
St James’s CE Primary School, Gorton has entered its next exciting phase - mass expansion has seen us move from a one-form to two form-entry school in September 2018. With this brings opportunity to grow our dedicated team. We welcome talented, committed staff to join us. The Governors and Principal of our friendly school are seeking to appoint a motivated and passionate SEN Teaching Assistant, to join our team to work on a 1:2:1 basis. Please note that this position is for 25 hours a week and will be available as long as SEN funding is in place.
The successful candidate will already have experience of working with children in a primary school setting and have:
• QCF Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools or equivalent qualification/ willingness to work towards this in role
• GCSE Maths and English Level 2 or equivalent qualification/ willingness to work towards these in role
• the skills to motivate, inspire and co-operate with their colleagues and children
• ability to use their own initiative and have a positive attitude towards the school ethos as well as be adaptable in situations
• excellent communication skills with children, staff, parents and the wider community
• a strong commitment supporting children’s learning and good behaviour
• a proven track record of good attendance
What we can offer you:
• an inclusive and diverse school community
• friendly, motivated, committed and highly skilled staff
• opportunities to work with colleagues from across Vantage Academy Trust
• a firm commitment to your professional development
• a supportive Leadership team
• a strong focus on staff wellbeing
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the school directly to arrange this.
All appointments made are subject to an Enhanced DBS.
Closing Date - 28th January 2019 - 12noon
Shortlisting Date - 28th January 2019 - 1pm
Interviews/Lesson Observation - W/c 28th January 2019
St James CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.