Teacher - Enhanced Learning Provision (Nursery)
Winterbourne Nursery & Infant School is a friendly and vibrant school situated in Thornton Heath. The School and Governors wish to appoint someone with a caring and nurturing nature, who is organised, calm, adaptable and who would enjoy working in our multicultural school. You will be a qualified teacher who is experienced and committed to working with children with enhanced learning needs/SEND experience, ideally in a primary/nursery setting.
We are looking to recruit a teacher for our Special Educational Needs provision within our Enhanced learning Provision (ELP) in Croydon working with EYFS pupils.
This is the perfect opportunity to work in our school which has an outstanding Enhanced Learning Provision (nursery aged pupils) with SEN needs. Within this provision the pupils show traits of autism and communication difficulties. The teacher should be able to deliver a wide curriculum and have strong behaviour management and you will need to have prior experience working with these needs.
There are two sessions morning and afternoon with 6 pupils in each session. The day to day responsibility of the teacher will be to work with the pupils with a range of different needs and to manage the team. The focus of the teacher is to support all the pupils effectively and manage their behaviour in a positive manner.
A specialist EYFS teacher for this school would have:
• High expectations of pupil achievement and is an outstanding teacher and practitioner
• A clear understanding of SEND and successful strategies for classroom practice (within mainstream or a specialist setting)
• An excellent understanding of the interventions and specialist teaching strategies and a proven track record of effective implementation
• Has a passion for the teaching and learning of pupils and raising their attainment.
• Has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role in school with high expectations of both themselves and others.
We can offer:
• A school where the vision and ethos supports and promotes Wellbeing and Safeguarding
• The opportunity to work with children with Special Educational Needs (SEND)
• The opportunity to build on your own professional development, develop a team around you and to continue building an ELP that is highly regarded in our community
• Work with welcoming, supportive, hard-working staff.
• An attractive working environment
• Work-life balance
• Supportive SLT
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about the post, please contact the school office to make an appointment to speak with the Acting Headteacher, Mrs Jones.
Closing Date: 21st October 2020
Winterbourne Nursery and Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers, as well as those who work on the premises, to share this commitment. As part of our safeguarding commitment, appointment to any post is subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical clearance and satisfactory employment references. If you are shortlisted for interview, please allow either a morning or the whole day for the interview process.
Winterbourne Nursery and Infant School is working towards equalities in employment and service delivery and welcomes applications through all diverse communities.