We are looking for an experienced and successful primary teacher, to cover maternity leave ideally with a background within an SEMH school who has good knowledge of the EYFS and/or KS1 curriculum for delivery to a group of Y3 & Y4 pupils. You will bring everything it takes to engage children who are working below age-related expectations and transform their futures. Like us, you will be passionate about safeguarding, deeply committed to releasing potential, and determined to make a difference every day.
North Star 82⁰ is the primary provision of North Star Academy Trust based in North Bristol, and specialising in supporting pupils experiencing Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties. We aim to be part of a joined-up provision offering our pupils the outstanding education they deserve.
You will bring our innovative curriculum to life as you maintain good order and discipline, engage pupils with SEN, and stimulate children of all abilities to reach their full potential. We will give you real scope to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of our pupils’ learning, and encourage you to set clear targets for both behaviour and academic achievement. This means you will enjoy plenty of autonomy and wide-ranging opportunities to shape the way we work.
We are looking for a teacher with:
- Good Knowledge of SEN Code of Practice, in particular SEMH education
- Experience with the use of assessment data and implementing strategies for raising achievement of pupils with SEMH
- Commitment to working collaboratively as part of a team to actively promote inclusion and ensure the safeguarding of all pupils
- Experience of managing HLTAs and/or LSA's in the classroom
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an All-through learning community
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos
- A school which has supportive Governors and Parents with high expectations of the school
The Trustees and staff of North Star Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
The job description and employee specification are attached.
Interviews will take place week beginning 22nd March 2021
North Star Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.