Teacher - Maternity Cover
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192
Start date: 1st November 2021
Closing Date: 23rd May 2021
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Teacher - Maternity Cover to teach in Reception to join New Horizons Primary School. We are looking for someone who has the drive, passion and skills to work at our primary academy based in Portsmouth. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
Our school is a friendly, welcoming place with children who are full of energy and life. Learning is at the heart of what we do and we believe that all children enjoy their time at school.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified teacher
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances. Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy well-behaved children who are excited about learning
- To work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- A vast support network from senior leaders and teachers within the school and our Trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support/ advice on a wide array of areas
- Membership to the Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working with our school then please apply today.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact the Recruitment Team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and Safeguarding training.
Isambard Brunel Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.