Meadowlane Primary School
Heol Maes Eirwg
Teacher - Pupil Wellbeing Leader
Post Ref No: ED50052003
MPS / UPS (£24,906 - £40,490 per annum) + TLR 2a
Full Time / Permanent
Required from 4th January 2021
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, well organised and highly effective school leader, to join our friendly and professional team.
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner
• Be an inspirational leader who believes in the importance of strong, positive pupil well-being
• Be able to recognise the needs of individuals and have a passion for all pupils to achieve and develop the skills for lifelong learning
• Demonstrate an appetite for professional learning that impacts upon pedagogy and supports professional growth across our school
• Be ambitious, and eager to develop
• Be an excellent communicator with high-quality interpersonal skills
• Be committed to high standards
If you are a teacher and leader with these qualities, attributes and skills we offer you:
• a wide range of exciting opportunities for continuing professional development and creating the new curriculum for Wales in our school
• motivated, confident pupils who have a very positive attitude to school and learning
Meadowlane Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post has a requirement for registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check and satisfactory references.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post. We also cannot accept application forms by post.
Completed application forms should be returned to the school by e-mail. Click 'Apply Now' for the e-mail address.
Please note: Previous applications have been held on file and will be included in the shortlisting process. If you no longer wish to be considered for the post, please inform the school as soon as possible.
Closing Date: Friday 11th September (9:30am)
(Interviews to be held on Wednesday 30th September)
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.