Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for a Teacher - Supported Learning to teach and lead our Animal Care programme at CRC. You will also teach some of the Horticulture and employability skills programmes at our Cambridge Campus. This part-time, permanent post is 0.8 (4 days) a week. In return we can offer you a competitive salary between £25,006 to 34,697 per annum FTE (to be made pro rata for 4 days), plus staff benefits.
About our Teacher - Supported Learning role
The role is to lead on the teaching, learning and assessment of our students with severe, moderate and specific learning needs delivering lessons in small group settings. All students follow a core timetable with some personalised elements.
The successful candidate will lead on the Animal Care programme and teach on other practical programmes including horticulture and projects that promote employability and life skills. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that each student has the best chance of inclusive learning and makes progress against their EHCP targets.
Based at the Cambridge Campus you will be part of a supportive, welcoming team of professionals.
- You will need to be a qualified teacher or FE lecturer or be prepared to work towards a recognised teaching qualification.
- Ideally, we are seeking a person with experience in teaching students with SEN needs with a practical background in animal care or qualifications in animal welfare, behaviour or science.
- You need to be a self-starters who enjoys designing practical projects to help students explore their skills through practical themes.
- You will be an excellent communicator who can work collaboratively with staff members and have clear vision and expectation for high quality teaching, learning, assessment and mentoring.
- Ideally you will have experience of delivering and assessing accredited qualifications and non-accredited programmes (RARPA).
- Qualifications: PGCE or DTLLS, DET or a willingness to gain these qualifications plus Level 2 in English and maths.
- Of this post you must be able to drive and be prepared to drive the college mini bus (Training and assessment will be provided).
We are particularly interested in staff who can offer specialisms or have experience and confidence in teaching Animal Care, Horticulture, Employability and life Skills.
Interested in joining us as our Lecturer - Supported Learning? Please apply online today to be considered.
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
To view a copy of the job description for this position, please see attachment. Internally this role is called "Lecturer - Supported Learning".