32.5 hours per week
Leader of Learning: Inclusion and Well-being
Required September 2021
Garth Primary School is in the heart of the Llynfi Valley (Number on roll 200, age range 3–11yrs). Garth is an inclusive, forward thinking school with a clear focus on learning and achievement for all.
The Governors of Garth Primary School seek to appoint an ambitious, enthusiastic, and innovative ‘Leader of Learning for Inclusion and Well-being’.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent classroom practice and will be accountable for the progress made by our vulnerable learners including those with additional learning needs. They will also continue to build on the success of the school’s health and well-being provision. The successful candidate will join the Senior Leadership Team and will demonstrate a commitment to continuous school improvement.
You should be:
• an exemplary practitioner with a proven record of excellence in teaching and learning;
• forward thinking, proactive, resilient and innovative;
• someone who has instigated change which has impacted on the raising of standards and school improvement
• someone with an excellent knowledge of current ALN reform in Wales and its impact on teaching and learning;
• someone who has the necessary communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills to motivate others and to drive initiatives that lead to outstanding outcomes for our pupils.
At Garth Primary School, we can offer:
An ethos of inclusion, equity and excellence;
A commitment to your professional development;
A supportive, hardworking community of staff, learners and governors;
Confident and enthusiastic learners with a desire to do well;
A welcoming, happy and caring atmosphere.
Protecting children, young people or adults at risk is a core responsibility of all council employees.
Applicants should note that a criminal records check by the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) will be necessary for the successful applicant
Closing date .18 June 2021
Garth Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.