Reception- Maternity Cover -Class Teacher
£23,720 - £34,325 – Salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview.
Part Time, 3 days per week (Wednesday, Thursday & Friday).
This is a temporary contract until 17th March 2020 or the postholder’s return if earlier.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a main-scale teacher to join the team at Christ Church C of E VC Infant School. We are a school situated within South Glos on the border with Bristol. We have a three class intake, our reception children are in classes of 25, with 225 children on role. We are an oversubscribed school and have been rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in April 2017. We are looking to appoint a maternity cover teacher who can add to the excellent provision and inspiring approach to learning up to 1 year between March 2019 and March 2020 or sooner depending on the post holder.
We can offer you…
• A warm, inviting and outward looking staff team
• Fantastic children with amazing ideas
• A supportive and encouraging leadership team and governing body
• A culture of growth and improvement
• A curriculum packed with opportunities and possibilities
• The chance to make a real difference for children and families
• A bright learning space
We are keen to find a teacher who;
• Will be an active addition to our friendly, lively learning community
• Has experience of supporting children with the transition between EYFS and Year 1
• Is able to offer a personalised learning provision for SEN pupils
• Is keen to constantly evolve and improve their practice
• Has a genuine interest in children learning in a creative and engaging way
• Has the drive and energy to enthuse and inspire pupils
• Has an evidenced track record of very high quality teaching
• Is able and keen to build relationships with adults and children alike
• Is resilient and can offer and receive support as part of a team
• Is always keen to focus on solutions rather than difficulties
• Has a confident ability to use data assessment systems effectively
In return we can offer:
• a caring, dedicated and supportive staff team
• enthusiastic and motivated children
• opportunities for professional development across a ‘learning community’
• our distinctive Christian ethos in which we are Caring, Courageous and Inspired
• a supportive governing body and parent community
• the chance to make a difference
Christ Church Infants is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check. Pease read our Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy on the school website.
We encourage all prospective candidates to come and see our school.
Please phone the school check the visit schedule and book a time.
Visit dates are on the 30th January 2019 at 3.45pm.
Interviews – will be held on the 12th February 2019
Closing date for applicants: 1st February 2019 at noon. If you have not heard from us by the 6th February please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this time.
Christ Church, Church of England Infant School, Downend is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.