Teacher: £23,720 - £39,406 per annum – Salary within this pay range only to be agreed at interview.
Key Stage 1 Teacher required - Experienced Teacher or an NQT will be considered.
Blackhorse Primary School is looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 Class Teacher to help achieve outstanding outcomes for our children. Blackhorse Primary School is a successful and over-subscribed school with Outstanding behaviour, curriculum, inclusion and leadership (OFSTED Feb 2018). The school also has South Glos LA’s only Resource Base for Autistic children – also judged outstanding by OFSTED.
As an integral member of the NEXUS Teaching School Alliance and Mangotsfield English Hub, staff benefit from significantly enhanced training opportunities and the chance to become Lead Practitioners or Specialist Leaders of Education. The successful candidate will either be an outstanding experienced KS1 teacher or an outstanding NQT who wants to develop into an exceptional teacher.
We are looking for a candidate who can:
• Provide exceptional teaching in Key Stage 1, either in current training or as an experienced class teacher, leading to better than expected attainment and progress outcomes.
• Has excellent subject knowledge and is able to teach a core curriculum which ensures that all children gain a secure mastery of Maths and English.
• Has high expectations for all children to succeed.
• Provide a wider curriculum which is creative, inspirational and rigorous.
• Provide a fully inclusive classroom environment for children with a wide range of needs.
• Uphold the school’s outstanding behaviour expectations.
In return we can offer:
• Outstandingly well behaved and eager children.
• A modern, well-resourced school building.
• A broad, stimulating and ambitious curriculum recently judged Outstanding by OFSTED.
• An Outstanding leadership team with a clear vision for the school and a determination for Blackhorse to be judged ‘Outstanding’ within 3 years.
• Access to an experienced mentor/coach (including experienced candidates) to help you further develop your practice.
• Access to the NEXUS Teaching School Alliance offering exceptional training opportunities and leadership pathways.
• The opportunity to work with colleagues from across the 7 NEXUS TSA schools to develop highly innovative and effective teaching techniques.
Blackhorse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
The closing date for applications is: 12 noon, 13th March 2019
Interviews are scheduled to take place on: 20th March 2019
Blackhorse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.