Permanent Teaching Post
The governors at Pontybrenin Primary School wish to appoint a committed, imaginative, and enthusiastic teacher to join our successful school to start
Pontybrenin Primary is a thriving primary school. We are innovative with strong links to other educational settings and a clear vision of how we wish to develop teaching and learning. We are also a Restorative and Rights Respecting school with high expectations in all aspects of school life. The post is for a Key Stage 2 teacher.
The Post Requires:
• An excellent classroom practitioner who has sound knowledge of how children learn and high expectations of all pupils.
• A highly motivated practitioner who is eager to improve skills through close partnership working.
• The ability to maintain effective communication and working strategies with colleagues.
• Awareness of current initiatives in primary education.
• Commitment to innovative pedagogy.
• A willingness to participate fully in the life of our community school and contribute to a strong team ethos.
• A sound work ethic plus adaptability and flexibility to ensure the smooth running of our school.
• Very good interpersonal skills and a sense of humour.
• Ability to manage challenging behaviour in a positive manner
• Innovation and creativity in teaching and learning with emphasis on ensuring that all children successfully engage with the curriculum.
• Demonstrate an engaging, nurturing and entertaining approach to Teaching & Learning.
The post will offer you the opportunity to:
• Work in an innovative, forward looking environment.
• Begin to develop your leadership skills plus support to progress your career.
• Work in a supportive positive atmosphere.
• Be an integral part of a well-developed school community.
• Teach motivated happy enthusiastic learners.
Application form, person specification and job description can be obtained from the school via email. Applications may be made online and returned to the school.
Please note the selection process involve classroom observations and work scrutiny.
Alternatively, application forms are available from the School on the above e-mail address.
Completed forms should be returned to the school at the above address by post or e-mail.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to visit to the school.
Closing Date for applications Friday May 3rd 12 noon
Shortlisting May 7th
Interviews May 17th
Pontybrenin Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.