Ss Gabriel and Raphael Catholic School
Primrose Street, Tonypandy, RCT, CF40 1BJ
Salary: Teacher Pay Scale
Required from 01 September 2019
N.O.R. 159 including Nursery
The Governors of Ss Gabriel and Raphael Catholic Primary School wish to appoint an experienced and creative KS2 teacher to this successful school.
Applications are warmly welcomed from practising Catholics or those who would feel able to fully support the Catholic ethos of the school. The suitable candidate will join an enthusiastic, committed and supportive team of professionals.
We are looking for someone who:
• is fully supportive of the strong Catholic Ethos of the school.
• is a strong classroom practitioner who demonstrates a commitment to maintaining high standards for achievement and behaviour and has effective communication skills
• is able to maximize pupil progress and well-being through high quality teaching and learning.
• has good Welsh language skills; have the ability to develop bilingualism (Welsh as a Second Language).
• will work effectively as part of a dedicated, hardworking team
• regularly reviews and updates knowledge about best practice in light of the new enriched, creative curriculum
• has an excellent understanding of ICT/DCF skills curriculum and 21st century learning
We can offer:
• a happy, well achieving school which is well supported by parents and Governors
• a friendly, caring, highly committed and forward- looking staff
• a strong commitment to continuous professional development and growth
Applicants should state their curricular strengths and any extra-curricular skills they may be able to offer the school.
Lesson observations will be arranged with shortlisted candidates.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
In view of the large number of Application Forms which are currently being submitted individual applications are not acknowledged. Consequently if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application is unsuccessful on this occasion. In which case you are thanked for the interest you have shown in applying for a position within the Council.
St Gabriel & Raphael R.C.P. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.