Salary: Teachers Main Scale and SEN point
We are looking to appoint a potentially outstanding teacher to cover a vacancy within our school. The Birches School supports pupils with a range of additional needs (e.g. SLD, ASC, PMLD) so knowledge and experience of SEN is essential as is an understanding of Autism and how best to support individuals with a diagnosis of ASC. We are a vibrant school community and welcome applications from positive and enthusiastic practitioners with the determination to secure the best possible outcomes for our pupils.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an outstanding teacher, or has the potential to be supported to reach this standard
• Is a teacher with experience and/or interest in SEN practices and provision with extensive knowledge of how to meet the needs of SEN pupils
• Has the ability, imagination and inspiration to lead and further improve a strong and effective team of teaching assistants within the school
• Has a great deal of enthusiasm and can motivate and inspire all pupils to learn, has energy and a relentless positive approach
• Has excellent communication skills
• Has an interest in a wider range of subjects and who is able to contribute fully to life of the school
We can offer you:
• A role in a vibrant and caring school community
• A supportive and enthusiastic staff team
• A well-resourced environment and school
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• A challenge
• Fantastic pupils!
The successful applicant must be able to work effectively with the whole school including Governors, staff and pupils. Candidates will be shortlisted against the person specification for the post. This post requires enhanced DBS clearance. The school is committed to the safeguarding of children. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
The Birches Specialist Support Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.