Key Stage 2 Teacher - Full-time covering maternity leave, beginning February 2020.
The Governors at Ysgol Gynradd Aberteifi are keen to appoint a committed and enthusiastic teacher who is ready to be part of a dedicated and successful team within the school to undertake teaching responsibilities within Key Stage 2.
'Ysgol Gynradd Aberteifi is committed to providing all children with a high quality inclusive education in a learning environment that promotes the development of all pupils, fostering an understanding of the world in which they live and an interest in their culture, heritage, environment, and towards the Welsh language, in preparation for being ambitious, capable lifelong learners'.
- To provide a safe, secure, stimulating and healthy learning environment that supports the physical and emotional well-being of all children to be healthy, confident individuals.
- To encourage children to be enterprising, creative, to develop and nurture confidence, self-esteem, respect and pride in themselves and one another.
- To provide challenging, broad experiences that will enable children to contribute fully and confidently in a bilingual society and be aware of their cultural heritage and their national identity as citizens of Wales and the world.
- To give children a flying start in life by implementing various approaches to learning that are skills based and promote engagement in learning.
- To celebrate children's achievements and continuing progress through effective assessment techniques to move their learning forward and establish high standards.
- To develop the ability to learn independently and encourage a climate of child-centered learning as an essential element of school improvement.
- To develop an effective partnership with parents based on respect and encourage them to become active participants in their child's learning.
The ability to teach through the medium of Welsh and English is essential for this post.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for us. We aim to support vulnerable children and young people to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. We and our educational establishments acknowledge that children and young people have a right to protection and will take action to safeguard their welfare. Each member of staff and volunteer is expected to share this commitment, and we will require an Enhanced Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), formerly CRB.
Ysgol Gynradd Aberteifi is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.