Western Learning Federation (WLF)
Cardiff CF5 5AQ
Executive Headteacher: Mr Wayne Murphy
1 / 2 SEN points - £2,192 / £4,327
Required from the 6th January (or as soon as possible thereafter)
The three special schools have recently federated and are now beginning their exciting new journey. The position will be primarily based at
Riverbank School, however the newly appointed member of staff would be employed by the federation. Riverbank School is a Special Primary School for pupils who are aged 3 – 11. Our pupils have a range of additional learning needs, however the majority have a primary diagnosis of Severe Learning Difficulties.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and innovative teacher to replace a valued member of staff that has very recently handed in their notice. The post would suit a Primary trained teacher that specialises specifically in either Foundation phase or SEN/ALN. Experience of working with pupils who have special educational needs is essential and an appropriate, additional qualification is desirable e.g a recognised ASD qualification, qualified teacher of hearing impaired/MSI/visually impaired.
This is a very exciting time in the development of Welsh education. Candidates will need to demonstrate a clear understanding of the opportunities that will help shape the educational provision in these three schools. In addition to this, it is also a very exciting time for Riverbank as we embark on our move to a new state of the art building in 2023. With this there will inevitably be significant opportunities to progress professionally as our senior and middle leadership teams will expand significantly.
The successful candidate will:
• have extensive knowledge and experience of working with children with Additional Learning Needs
• have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• be able to establish excellent working relationships with children, parents, staff and outside agencies
• significantly contribute to the ethos and values of our school
• have commitment, be highly motivated and be able to contribute to our dedicated and enthusiastic team
• be an excellent classroom practitioner who inspires and leads children to reach their full potential through high quality learning experiences
• have an excellent knowledge of ALN
• have compassion
• be adaptable, resourceful and innovative
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works for an application pack quoting reference: ED50106175 and the job title.
Completed application forms should be returned for the attention Mr Chris Street (administration Manager( (Western Learning Federation) by e-mail or by post to Riverbank School, Vincent Road, Cardiff, CF55AQ.
Closing Date: Monday 25th November (12 noon)
Shortlisting: Tuesday 26th November
Interview Date: Wednesday 4th December
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.