Post ref: ED50053129
Full time Temporary KS2 Teacher
Required for January 2020
The Headteacher and Governing Body of this inclusive, nurturing and highly successful Primary School are seeking to appoint a Temporary Teacher in KS2. This post is initially for two terms and will involve teaching a Year 4 class.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, professional who:
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner who continually strives for excellence in teaching and learning
• Has very high expectations of themselves and of children to ensure all pupils reach their full potential
• Demonstrates excellent positive behaviour management skills
• Creates a stimulating learning environment in line with ‘Successful Futures’ and recommendations from the Donaldson report
• Is able to work as part of a dedicated team
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Uses innovative materials and resources such as ICT to enhance pupil learning
• Will contribute to the wider life of the school
• Is committed to working in a large, inner-city primary school
Windsor Clive Primary School offers you:
• A child-centred approach, where every child is valued, supported and nurtured to achieve excellence
• Children who enjoy learning and are positive about school life
• An excellent and highly skilled staff who value high quality teamwork
• Opportunities to develop professionally and personally
• An exciting and vibrant working environment
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.
Completed applications should be returned to the school by either post or email for the attention of the Headteacher, Mr Kim Fisher.
Closing date: Wednesday 27th November.