HERBERT THOMPSON PRIMARY SCHOOL
Plymouthwood Road, Ely, Cardiff
Headteacher: Mrs S Marsh
Post Ref: ED50051614
Year 4 Classteacher (Maternity Leave Cover)
Full Time and Temporary - MPS/UPS
Start Date: As soon as possible (subject to checks) until 31st August 2020.
The Governing Body of Herbert Thompson Primary School invites applications for an excellent, highly motivated and conscientious primary teacher to join our happy school and successful team on our exciting journey.
The successful candidates will have:
• the skills of an excellent practitioner who will motivate pupils and develop their self-esteem so that they achieve their full potential;
• high expectations for the learning, care and support of all pupils;
• a commitment to professional development and a strong team working ethic;
• have an excellent knowledge of skills development and pedagogy;
• strong inter-personal skills and ability to be pro-active in developing positive links with parents and the community;
• a commitment to embrace the vision and aims of the school.
The appointment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by the closing date of Tues. 10th December (3.00 pm)
Shortlisting will take place on the same date. Successful candidates will be notified by Wednes. 11th December.
You will be invited to attend a professional interview on : Friday 13th December 2019.