RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNCIL
PONTRHONDDA PRIMARY SCHOOL
TEMPORARY FOUNDATION PHASE TEACHER (maternity cover)
Salary: Teacher Pay Scale
Start Date: 03/04/20
The Governing Body of Pontrhondda Primary School wishes to appoint a practitioner for maternity cover to join a dedicated team that provides the very best opportunities for our children. Pontrhondda Primary School takes pride in being a warm, caring and welcoming learning community with happy, hardworking children and staff.
We are seeking a teacher who can demonstrate excellent classroom practice, with a thorough knowledge of both Foundation Phase and new curriculum developments. This position will be for a mixed Reception/Year 1 class in the first instance.
Our new member of teaching staff will:
• Demonstrate high standards of teaching and learning.
• Encourage and inspire children to reach their full potential through high quality teaching and learning experiences.
• Be able to cater for a wide range of pupils with a variety of needs.
• Have the ability to develop bilingualism (Welsh as a Second Language).
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills in order to work effectively in partnership with staff, parents, Governors and the local community.
• Be creative and willing to contribute to all aspects of school life.
• Be a member of our innovative team.
Pontrhondda Primary School can offer:
• A welcoming, caring school with an ethos based on mutual respect and equality of opportunity for all.
• An opportunity to help share the future of learning and teaching with all children.
• A strong commitment to professional development, in line with national professional Teaching and Leadership Standards.
Applicants should state their curricular strengths.
Lesson observations will be arranged with shortlisted candidates for Tuesday 10th March
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be on Monday 16th March
Application forms, and further details, may be obtained from the eteach website and should be returned to (upon completion): Human Resources Unit, Ty Elai, Williamstown, Tonypandy. CF40 1NY.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 28th February 2020
Pontrhondda Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.