Springwood Primary School
Ref: ED 50025364
Full time, permanent KS2 teacher
Required to start April 2020, or as soon as possible
The Governors of the school wish to appoint an enthusiastic and creative teacher for a permanent post, in key stage 2, due to start 20th April 2020 or as soon as possible.
We have an exciting opportunity for a class teacher who:
• Is an inspirational classroom practitioner, who creates the conditions to realise the four purposes for learners and achieve the best for them in terms of standards, well-being and progress.
• Recognises the needs of individuals and has a passion for all pupils to achieve and develop the skills for lifelong learning.
• Demonstrates an appetite for professional learning that impacts upon pedagogy and supports professional growth across our learning community.
• Is ambitious, eager to develop and commits to taking on extra responsibility
• Has an innovative outlook which is exemplified through the development of techniques and approaches to improve pedagogic outcomes.
• A motivational practitioner who will work collaboratively with an effective and committed team to facilitate excellence.
• Has excellent subject knowledge.
• Exercises leadership through all aspects of professional practice to support the efforts of others across the school and beyond to fulfil the educational ambitions for Wales.
• Is an excellent communicator with high-quality interpersonal skills
• Will commit to running an after school club
We welcome applications from practitioners who share our passion to work in an excellent school, where pupils are challenged to achieve their best in a nurturing, supportive environment. Only the best is good enough for our pupils.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
Registration with the EWC is essential.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Paper application forms must be returned directly to the school, for the attention of the Headteacher, Mrs P Hoffer, by 4.00 pm on the closing date of Thursday 19th March 2020
Visits: Monday 9th March at 4pm
Closing date: Thursday 19th March 2020
Lesson observations 24th and 26th March 2020
Interview: Friday 27th March 2020
Evidence of qualifications must be brought to the interview.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.