Required from 28/08/2020
Robert Shaw Primary & Nursery School is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development.
Robert Shaw Primary and Nursery School is a large, multi-cultural primary school, in Transform Trust, within Nottingham City. We are a two form entry Primary School with a 52 place Nursery. The Nursery is a more recent addition to our school, only being opened in 2012. We are a popular school with almost all classes and year groups being at full capacity.
We have a majority of children who speak English as an additional language and who come from a variety of different ethnicities. This brings with it a variety of challenges, including the rapid development of literacy and language skills in order to access the full curriculum. There are many benefits of having such a rich and diverse community, including the strong development of British Values in which all are valued and respected. In a previous Ofsted Inspection it was noted: “They are caring towards one another and the school is a very harmonious community. Pupils have a good knowledge of world faiths and, as a result, treat one another with respect.”
We are looking for inspirational teachers who are committed to creating a stimulating learning environment through excellent classroom practice. We would welcome applications from NQTs and more experienced teachers
• Be a consistently good / outstanding primary teacher
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference to every child.
• Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
• value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Excellent support package for NQTs
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and have been arranged for Thursday 19 March at 11.00 am and Thursday 26 March at 8.00 am and 4.30 pm. Please contact the school office to confirm your attendance, or if these dates are not convenient.
How to apply
Please download an application form from our website. Any questions or queries and completed application forms should be directed to Mrs K Coker Head Teacher at Robert Shaw Primary & Nursery School, Southfield Road, Western Boulevard, Nottingham NG8 3PL
Closing date for applications: Monday 20 April at 12.30 pm.
Interviews to take place on: Friday 01 May 2020.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6800 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our website
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training.
Robert Shaw Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.