Meadowlane Primary School
Heol Maes Eirwg
Post Ref No: ED50052003
MPS / UPS + TLR 2a for Pupil Well-Being
Full Time / Permanent
Start Date: 1st September 2020
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, well organised and highly effective teacher and school leader, to join our friendly and professional team.
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner;
• Be an inspirational leader who believes in the importance of strong, positive pupil well-being;
• Be able to recognise the needs of individuals and have a passion for all pupils to achieve and develop the skills for lifelong learning;
• Demonstrate an appetite for professional learning that impacts upon pedagogy and supports professional growth across our school;
• Be ambitious, and eager to develop;
• Be an excellent communicator with high-quality interpersonal skills;
• Be committed to high standards.
If you are a teacher and leader with these qualities, attributes and skills we offer you:
• A wide range of exciting opportunities for continuing professional development and creating the new curriculum for Wales in our school;
• Motivated, confident pupils who have a very positive attitude to school and learning.
Meadowlane Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is suitable for post share.
This post has a requirement for registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check and satisfactory references.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact HR People Services for an application pack quoting reference: ED50052003 and the job title.
Completed application forms should be returned direct to the school by the closing date.
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd April 2020
Interviews: Monday 27th April 2020
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.
We welcome applications in both English and Welsh. Applications received in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than English applications.