Salary: Main Teacher Scale + SEN 1
Contract Type: Full Time
Start date: TBC
About the School
Uplands is a high performing secondary school for students, aged 11- 19, with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. We are a vibrant and caring community co-located within a learning campus. We offer the opportunity to join a supportive team which actively encourages and supports our employees to gain the skills and qualifications that will support their future employability and meet the needs of our organisation.
Vision and Values
A vibrant, caring community where learning for life is fun. Through our innovative approach we ensure high expectations, high aspirations and high outcomes for all students.
• To develop an inclusive community that will foster and enable lifelong learning
• To enable students to make exceptional progress through ensuring high quality and consistent teaching and learning and appropriate accreditation pathways
• To provide specialised learning environments tailored to meet individual needs
• To promote the core learning and life values if Independence and Interdependence
Working as part of a small team the successful candidate will:
• Have Qualified Teacher Status or equivalency or a suitable skill set and a willingness to achieve QTS or equivalence in role
• Have experience of working with children with Autism Spectrum Condition
(ASC)/Social Communication and Interaction Difficulties (SCID)
• Have the ability to deliver lessons that engage and enthuse the students to develop a love for learning
• Have excellent Communication, Literacy and Numeracy skills
• Have the ability to use ICT effectively to support teaching and learning
• Have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special
Educational Needs and Disabilities
• Be able to work as part of a team and build positive relationships
• Have high expectations of students’ achievements relating to learning, independence
• Have the ability to build positive relationships with students
WE OFFER YOU:
• Excellent professional development and promotion opportunities
• Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers
• Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors
• An opportunity to shape the future of the school and the staff and students within it
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, a teaching registration check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview.
CLOSING DATE: 27th April 2020
INTERVIEWS: 7th May 2020
Uplands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.