Bryn Deri Primary School
Ref : ED50051053
0.6 Part Time Teacher – Maternity Cover
September 2020 to June 2021
(subject to the return of the permanent post holder)
Main Pay Scale
Are you looking for an exciting professional opportunity?
Bryn Deri Primary School is a vibrant school with a caring, fully inclusive ethos. We are dedicated to ensuring high achievement for all. High expectations have resulted in nearly all pupils demonstrating consistently high standards. We have excellent relationships with children, parents, and the local community.
The Governing Body seek to employ an excellent, innovative upper key stage two practitioner, who supports the ethos of the school and can embrace the principles of the Curriculum for Wales, to join our friendly, experienced and committed professional team.
The team would like someone who is:
- Committed to the provision of exciting high quality, inclusive education and care
-Committed to moving forward and raising standards through A Curriculum for Wales
-Skilled in planning and delivering high quality lessons which reflect the four core purposes of the curriculum across all Areas of Learning & Experience
-Skilled in delivering high quality literacy, numeracy and digital skills across the curriculum
-Able to contribute to the expressive arts team providing motivation and inspiration particularly in Music
-Experienced in engaging pupils in their own assessment and end of key stage two assessment procedures
Someone who is:
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, motivated and innovative
- Flexible, fair and sensitive to the children’s developmental needs
- A good communicator who thrives as part of a team
- Able to form positive relationships with the children
- Committed to working within the community and being involved in extracurricular activities
-Committed to continuing professional development
The school can offer you:
- Support with your professional development
- A supportive Governing Body
- A good team spirit
- A lively, stimulating and challenging environment in which to work
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic children and supportive families!
This post is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced check.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms are to be returned by email to the school by noon on Friday 19th June 2020
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 22nd June and successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible regarding the interview process.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.