CARDIFF CITY COUNCIL
PEN Y BRYN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Dunster Road, Llanrumney
CLASS TEACHER (main pay scale)
Post Reference : ED5052207
Maternity Cover – Part Time (2.5 days: Wed – Friday) – Temporary
Required for September 2020
The governors of Pen y Bryn Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible teacher to work in Year 5.
This post is temporary to cover the maternity leave of the substantive postholder. It will continue until 13 July 2021 or the resumption of the substantive postholder, whichever is the sooner.
Pen y Bryn Primary is a happy and caring school at the heart of our community, where everyone is inspired to be the best they can be.
We are looking for:-
• An excellent classroom practitioner who demonstrates a commitment to high
standards and have effective communication skills.
• A teacher with a clear understanding of effective teaching and learning and a commitment to raising standards.
• A teacher with very high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
• A teacher who is able to nurture, inspire and motivate pupils of all abilities.
• An in-depth knowledge of the statutory primary curriculum and the
• A team member who is hard working and able to work effectively with colleagues, governors, parents and the wider community.
• A teacher with experience using ICT skills to enhance teaching and learning
• A teacher who is able to offer an extra-curricular activity would be desirable.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Closing date is Thursday 20th August 2020
Short listing will take place on Friday 21st August 2020
Interviews will be conducted the week commencing 24th August. The form of this will depend upon current COVID restrictions. Hopefully this will include a tour of the school and face to face discussions. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the Headteacher for a discussion.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.